1. Chapter Review (for test on Tuesday), pages 55 & 56
In case you lost your copy, here's a link:
or the file you can download:
2. Chapter Test (Book 1) on Tuesday - make sure you go over your vocabulary cards that you brought home. Also, know the commutative and associative properties and examples of each.
>Lesson 1.6 Practice & Homework
Pages 41 & 42
Looking Ahead --- Unit Test on Book 1 ---> Tuesday October 2
MATH (both Homerooms)
- Book "Practice and Homework, Lesson 1.4" pages 27 & 28
PICTURE DAY TOMORROW - No Uniform / Bring in forms or order online
Curriculum Night tomorrow 6 PM
- 201 & 204 Lesson 1.3 "Practice & Homework" pages 21 & 22 - all
- Room 204: Warm Up Quiz Tomorrow
For those of you who lost your Place Value Poetry Book, here are the questions you need to answer.
1. "Who's Tallest?" poem
Read the poem. Now read it again and figure out the height order of the children from tallest to shortest.
2. "Robert's Workshop" poem
Read the poem. As you read it a second time, figure out how Robert knew he made a profit. Show all of you math and math thinking.
Read the poem. What would the following numbers be rounded to the places indicated?
58 rounded to the nearest ten
834 rounded to the nearest ten
903 rounded to the nearest hundred
758 rounded to the nearest ten
2,749 rounded to the nearest thousand
15,753 rounded to the nearest thousand
59,059 rounded to the nearest hundred
14,021 rounded to the nearest ten-thousand
5,642 rounded to the nearest hundred
19,852 rounded to the nearest hundred
652 rounded to the nearest hundred
4. Your Math Poem
Write a poem of 8 lies or more about numbers. You can write about comparing numbers, ordering numbers, or rounding numbers. Use loose-leaf paper to write your drafts. When you are happy with your final product, write your poem again using your neatest printing. Make sure you give your poem a title.
MATH: Rooms 201 & 204